Topic category: Other/General
Are YOU Brainwashed by Big Media?
National Journal's Stuart Taylor has a way with subtitles.
The bold subtitle to his book on the Duke (Until Prove Innocent, co-authored with KC Johnson) is "Political Correctness and the Shameful Injustices of the Duke Lacrosse Rape Case."
"Political correctness" is not supposed to be associated with injustice, but the truth remains the truth and "political correctness" made many blind to the truth...or worse.
The subtitle of a recent Taylor article on the presidential campaign acknowledged reality:: “The media can no longer be trusted to provide accurate and fair campaign reporting and analysis.”
Phyllis Schafly went further, and rightly so, in an exquisite article titled "Big Media Pull Out All Stops to Elect Obama."
Her article's key points, folowed by my comments.
1. "Big Media have pulled out all their stops in trying to elect Barack Obama by withholding from the American people the truth about his radical record and associates."
The New York Times reported in March 2007 that Obama had stopped the man who he says brought him to Christ from appearing and speaking at the announcement of his presidential campaign after inviting him because Rev. Jeremiah A. "God damn America" Wright, Jr.'s sermons could be rough."
It was NOT The New York Times that finally explained what "rough" meant more than a year later, after Super Tuesday 2008.
Courageous ACORN whistleblower Anita MonCrief became a source for The New York Times long before she realized that The New York Times was not about to tell the whole ugly story about ACORN and block Obama from being elected and contacted me.
Wall Street Journal's John Fund, subsequently: "Ms. MonCrief gave me spreadsheets of donors from several Democratic campaigns that were clearly not downloaded from the Internet. In any case, it's illegal for a nonprofit group to use Federal Election Commission lists to help its own activities. If the Obama campaign did give its lists to Project Vote, that would be very strong evidence of illegal coordination between the two entities."
2. "Big media, their polls and the presidential debates practically ignored front-burner issues important to millions of Americans.
Of course. Liberals moderated all the presidential debates and chose the questions.
As for the vice presidential debate, it was moderated by a liberal who is writing a book about "the age of Obama" scheduled to be released on Inauguration Day 2009.
3. "By excluding abortion and same-sex marriage from national debate, Big Media kept the voters from knowing that Obama, as chairman of the Illinois Senate Judiciary Committee, killed the 'Born Alive' bill, thereby depriving babies born alive from botched abortions of medical care and nutrition. Big Media obviously didn't want a repetition of Obama's embarrassing handling of these issues in the Saddleback dialogue."
Big media has been complicit in the scheme to portray Obama as moderate for the general election.
4. "The issue of illegal aliens was censored out of the presidential debates and other coverage. The voters were kept oblivious to the fact that Obama favors giving driver's licenses to illegal aliens and John McCain does not."
That's right. Obama is farther to the Left than Hillary Clinton, who finally decided to oppose driver's licenses for illegal aliens. Big media blasted Hillary for trying to straddle the issue, but after Obama prevailed in his quest for the 2008 Democrat presidential nomination, the subject was dropped.
5. "How many times have you heard that Obama will cut taxes on 95 percent of Americans? Have you even once heard Big Media tell us that's a big lie because 40 percent of Americans don't pay any federal income taxes at all?"
It's income and wealth redistribution, pure and simple. Giving a person who doesn't pay any income tax a credit for non-existent taxes is really giving that person a welfare payment while pretending it's not welfare. Thank God for "Joe the Plumber." For Obama, his encounter with "Joe" really was a bummer.
6. "Big Media have threatened to hang a scarlet letter on anyone who dares to mention Obama's middle name. Funny thing, in all the years that I spent criticizing the disarmament-appeasement policies of JFK's and LBJ's Secretary of Defense Robert Strange McNamara, nobody ever said I was unfair to use his strange middle name."
The Democrats loved to use the middle name of the late President Richard Nixon. Milhouse, because it was unusual.
And Franklin Delano Roosevelt and John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Democrats who were elected president, proudly used their middle names.
Obama was admitted to the Illinois state bar as Barack Hussein Obama and Bill Clinton was inaugurated as William Jefferson Clinton.
7. "...Obama is different. Big Media have cloaked him with a security blanket that not only protects him from criticism, but viciously attacks anybody who tells the truth about Obama's life story in Indonesia, Hawaii, Kenya or Chicago."
A truly non-partisan media would have closely scrutinized both major presidential candidates.
8. "On Oct. 15, The New York Times ran a front-page above-the-fold pretend-news article threatening McCain that Big Media will not tolerate any negative attacks on Obama, such as talking about Obama's relationship with the 1960s terrorist Bill Ayers. The Times warned McCain and his supporters that it is unacceptable to make 'strong political attacks' on Obama or be 'sharply personal' or even use an 'angry tone.'"
So much for reporting of the news to be accurate instead of biased.
9. "But the voters have a right to know who are and were Obama's associates. Old adages are still valid: 'Birds of a feather flock together,' and, 'A man is known by the company he keeps.'"
There's a huge difference between guilt by association and guilt by alliance, and Obama's allies include unapologetic terrorists, racist ministers and ACORN.
Whistleblower Anita MonCrief described ACORN in her newly created blog as "a corrupt organization that is preying on the marginalized in this society" and " the cancerous growth of this election."
10. "Why don't Big Media tell us that Obama launched his political campaign in the Chicago living room of former Weather Underground terrorist Bill Ayers, who was famous for bombing the U.S. Capitol and the Pentagon? Why don't Big Media tell us about the relationship of Obama on school issues with Ayers, who as a professor of education is now working to replace the three R's with a fourth -- Rebellion against the U.S. social and economic structure?"
Because Big Media is backing Obama bigtime instead of doing its job!
11. "When Sean Hannity aired a program about 'Obama and Friends,' The New York Times rushed forth to defend Obama's ties with Ayers and to attack Hannity's program as 'partisan' and 'provocative.' We are apparently not permitted to be partisan or provocative about Obama."
Telling the truth should be welcomed, instead of condemned as partisan or provocative.
12. "How could Obama sit in a church for 20 years where the Rev. Jeremiah Wright spoke hatefully about whites and cursed America as a racist country? Yet, Big Media now claim it is racist for anyone to criticize Obama's long and personal association with Jeremiah 'damn America' Wright.
Because "political correctness" arbitrarily defines racism as something only whites are capable of in the United States.
13. "Why don't Big Media dissect the revelations and biases in Obama's autobiography, 'Dreams From My Father,' with the same journalistic curiosity they use about Sarah Palin's wardrobe?"
Because Palin is pro-life and Obama is pro-Planned Parenthood!
14. "Big Media present Obama as some sort of intellectual, but why don't we hear about his failure to write anything meaningful for the Harvard Law Review when he was its affirmative-action president?"
Because that's not politically correct!
15. "Why don't we hear more about Obama's friendship with the communist Frank Marshall Davis, who was part of a Soviet-sponsored network in Hawaii? Why aren't we given details about Obama's financial relationship with Tony Rezko, the Chicago fixer now in prison? The source of money has always been fair game for anybody to talk about in political campaigns. Why haven't Big Media assigned their investigative reporters to trace the hundreds of millions of dollars that may be illegally flowing to the Obama campaign from foreign sources?"
Because Big Media prefers to support instead of scrutinize their choice?
Fortunately, America's voters STILL have a voice!
Michael J. Gaynor
Biography - Michael J. Gaynor
Michael J. Gaynor has been practicing law in New York since 1973. A former partner at Fulton, Duncombe & Rowe and Gaynor & Bass, he is a solo practitioner admitted to practice in New York state and federal courts and an Association of the Bar of the City of New York member.
Gaynor graduated magna cum laude, with Honors in Social Science, from Hofstra University's New College, and received his J.D. degree from St. John's Law School, where he won the American Jurisprudence Award in Evidence and served as an editor of the Law Review and the St. Thomas More Institute for Legal Research. He wrote on the Pentagon Papers case for the Review and obscenity law for The Catholic Lawyer and edited the Law Review's commentary on significant developments in New York law.
The day after graduating, Gaynor joined the Fulton firm, where he focused on litigation and corporate law. In 1997 Gaynor and Emily Bass formed Gaynor & Bass and then conducted a general legal practice, emphasizing litigation, and represented corporations, individuals and a New York City labor union. Notably, Gaynor & Bass prevailed in the Second Circuit in a seminal copyright infringement case, Tasini v. New York Times, against newspaper and magazine publishers and Lexis-Nexis. The U.S. Supreme Court affirmed, 7 to 2, holding that the copyrights of freelance writers had been infringed when their work was put online without permission or compensation.
Gaynor currently contributes regularly to www.MichNews.com, www.RenewAmerica.com, www.WebCommentary.com, www.PostChronicle.com and www.therealitycheck.org and has contributed to many other websites. He has written extensively on political and religious issues, notably the Terry Schiavo case, the Duke "no rape" case, ACORN and canon law, and appeared as a guest on television and radio. He was acknowledged in Until Proven Innocent, by Stuart Taylor and KC Johnson, and Culture of Corruption, by Michelle Malkin. He appeared on "Your World With Cavuto" to promote an eBay boycott that he initiated and "The World Over With Raymond Arroyo" (EWTN) to discuss the legal implications of the Schiavo case. On October 22, 2008, Gaynor was the first to report that The New York Times had killed an Obama/ACORN expose on which a Times reporter had been working with ACORN whistleblower Anita MonCrief.
Gaynor's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.