Topic category: Depravity on the Left
“WHY NOT ME?” – A Renewed American Culture
We can argue culture until we are all blue in the face, but arguing about it will not change the nightmare reality of our declining American Culture. Our melting pot American Culture was a result of mostly Christian immigrants of many denominations, and Jewish immigrants. It was never simply people forced to be tolerant of each other. It is time for Americans to say “Why not me?” – To become actively engaged in creating the culture we know is possible from memories and stories handed down from our ancestors. I want to shout from my roof-top, “I ain’t dead yet!” Our American Culture is alive inside millions of Americans. Our culture just needs to be re-activated.
For those of us who lived it in our youth, it is easy to remember a much safer time, and a more wholesome time in our history. We are all sinners, and there is no perfect time; however, there was a time when children were respectful of their elders; when we left our car keys in the ignition; we received a better education for less money and technology; our excellent work ethic was a way of life; and we were the product of legal immigrants who eagerly followed the American way of life. When we describe our youth to our children, they look lovingly at their children and wish for our grandchildren to grow up in that healthier environment.
As we feel the effects of invading cultures who want to change America to be like their home lands, I am reminded of the withering away of the Roman Empire. As the Roman Empire spread out across the known world, it was defeated by the diversity of the lands it had conquered. The difference is that we did not go out and conquer other nations; we have allowed our conquerors in the legal front door and the illegal back door of our American Republic. We have legal new citizens who openly state that their allegiance is to their land of birth. Invading illegal aliens openly state they want to claim parts of our American Republic for their home land.
We can trace the reason we erred all the way back to that positive American Culture we cut our teeth on. We were brought up with the very attributes which allowed us to be taken advantage of. This will be a lesson we must never forget. Our Christian heritage taught us to be a trusting, charitable and loving people. The American citizens gave to the whole world with open hearts, and have received disregard and hate in return. Our American heritage taught us to respect our elders, and to trust those in official capacities. Our American education taught us that we were a nation of laws applied to all people equally. Our education also taught that we could achieve any position in life we desired with hard work – IF we had the attributes that the position we desired warranted. We had enough common sense to direct ourselves with sound judgment to achieve the very best for ourselves. We kept our end of the bargain in good faith as American citizens.
While we were full of trust, we worked very diligently, and our government was infiltrated with liars who fooled us. We are watching our orderly existence being transformed into one that creates chaos. While the endeavors of our forefathers of farms and factories have disappeared, much endeavor in our republic has lost its substance of production and achievement. The entitlement mentality of socialistic slavery has engulfed more than one generation. Millions of people were convinced the Bible was a fairy tale without ever once giving it the in-depth study it deserved as the cornerstone of our American heritage, and the inerrant word of God. Our churches were infiltrated with lukewarm Christianity and socialism. The entertainment industries of movies, music and television degraded the character of millions of citizens by small and seemingly insignificant increments each year. While we were being brainwashed that we owed someone something for nothing, our quest for justice has faded on the horizon. As the government proceeds to loot your last dime, equal opportunity is dying in our hearts and minds. It feels like we are on the brink of violence in all of this confusion, and that would be the death knoll for our American Republic.
The bottom line today is this: Stop complaining about your lost American culture and do something about it. Say to yourself, “Why not me?” Start living your life according to the values you cry that you believe in.
“Hope and Change” . . . We can only commend ourselves for this misguided quest which has turned into a nightmare. American hearts were in the right place. However, those hearts erred in thinking government could ever give them what they so desired. Here are American Cultural truths we need to accomplish to find our way back to Liberty . . .
- Before you leap for that instant gratification, think on it and pray on it, and be guided by wisdom.
- Cleanliness is not only next to Godliness, it is next to good health and good living.
- Do not hate your enemy. You will know when fighting for defense of your countrymen is honorable.
- If fighting the enemy is unavoidable, fight to win quickly and lives are spared in the balance.
- Elect from among yourselves, who respect the rule of divine laws – not the whims of elitist men.
- Marry someone who is the embodiment of ‘your highest ideal of yourself’, for they will share the same faith, intellect, values, morality, ethics and culture. (’your highest ideal of yourself’ is the wonderful concept I learned from Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged.)
- Be slow to divorce. Transferring one’s personal problems to a new partner will not turn out any better than a previously failed marriage. It is better to face one’s personal relationship problems and solve them.
- Teach your children the Golden Rule, Christian Values and good manners. Teach by example.
- The Bible is the inerrant word of God. More than one scientist has set out to debunk the Bible. After in-depth study, the result is their enthusiasm for the word of God, and they became Christians. Serious Bible study and worship is the reason for Christians to seek fellowship with other Christians.
- In today’s society most people work; however, there is much success in adults taking on their traditional roles as male and female. God made us different for many reasons. Procreation is not the only reason we are different. We do have different innate abilities. Rejoice in these differences. No ship can have two captains. Likewise, successful marriages and families prosper when the male takes the responsibility for providing, and the female takes the responsibility for nurturing.
- Play fair in all of life’s enterprises, and play to win. Whether you win or lose, you will experience the passion of the effort and gained knowledge. Losing is also a valuable experience in honor and humility.
- The Bible says we only have this one life; therefore, every day is a day you cannot re-live. Achieve the habit of doing everything well, and life will be abundant in opportunities.
- Boredom is a personal weakness. Overcome it.
- Eat sensibly, but also eat for enjoyment. Families use your dining rooms and break bread together every day.
- Live each day in thanksgiving.
- Pray when you are alone with God, and also pray with your family.
- Worship the Creator; do not worship anything made by the Creator.
- Be faithful to the Lord first. Be also faithful to your spouse, family, employer, employees, and friends.
- Love every sinner, for we are all sinners. Do not love or embrace the sin.
- Laugh at yourself. Laugh with others as often as possible.
- Take a vacation when you have earned it. Enjoy the vacation. Learn how to take a vacation in your own home.
- Be a good listener. Be a good learner.
- Share. Do not bottle up your wisdom, your sorrow, and your happiness.
- In America, speak English.
- Receive gifts with a smile and honest thankfulness that the other person remembered you. Say thank you.
- Do not steal. Accept only what you earn. There really is no free lunch – sometimes the hidden cost is your soul. Do not lust after what is not yours.
- If you are ill, disabled, or in temporary dire straits, receive all charity offered to you in good cheer.
- Ask for help from your family, friends, church, and neighbors when you truly need help.
- Admit when you are ignorant and ask to be taught.
- Respect all property, especially property belonging to others.
- Be aware of the miracles all around you every day.
- Dress appropriately and be well groomed to the best of your ability every day.
- Ask for forgiveness and learn from your errors in judgment. Grow.
Understand that making the same judgment error repeatedly is just out-of-control sin.
- Partake of wine and dance in moderation.
- Your personal happiness is your responsibility.
- Your personal success is your responsibility.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Do not talk badly about yourself. Positive thoughts bring about positive results.
- Do not gossip.
- Use your common sense. When someone asks you to leap differently by using a pretty argument with no substance, use your common sense to stay grounded.
- Develop self-control.
- Develop critical thinking skills.
- Dream positive dreams.
- Work. Endeavor to earn your way in life.
- If you gamble and lose – whether it be at cards, dice, the stock market (including your pension) – accept that you gambled and lose gracefully.
- Be a forgiving people.
- Honor your parents by appreciating your life, everything they were able to do for you, and be a loving person who seeks honor and wisdom.
- Learn to protect yourself and teach your family the same. Where protection of yourself and your loved ones is the goal, those who would harm you will find other prey, and even evil people recede from your presence.
- Equal justice under the law also means that if your judges and / or elected officials lie to you, cheat, or steal it is the citizen’s duty to impeach them.
- Honor those in uniform. They have chosen to protect you. Yes, there will be a bad person from time to time, and they must be removed from office or employment by using legal channels to do so.
- So many in America could raise the quality of our American Culture if they followed Philippians 4:8 . . . “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are TRUE, whatsoever things are HONEST, whatsoever things are JUST, whatsoever things are PURE, whatsoever things are of GOOD REPORT; if there be any virtue, and there be any praise, think on these things”. (All capitalized words – my emphasis.)
A minimum of eighty percent of Americans are Christian, and our American Republic’s history is intricately tied to our Christianity. There are many good people who are not Christian in the remaining twenty percent. For a very long time the American Culture as outlined above could be seen by those as a healthy culture for all Americans. For those who choose to live their lives differently, it would be best if they found the country that does live by the culture they envision for themselves and move there. The suggestion is a serious suggestion in the effort to find peace for all people.
For the rest of us, do not just read the above culture traits and imagine it would be wonderful, ask yourself, “Why not me?” – begin to live it and teach it every day of your life. When enough begin to live it, the country will change very rapidly to be what we envision for our children and grandchildren.
NOTE: Thank you to the thirty friends who emailed or sent a FaceBook message telling me what they believed our American Culture to be. The comments were mostly unanimous. Many gave a positive “then” scenario, and a depressing “now” scenario. I needed to get out of my head and into theirs to make sure my vision was worthy of their definitions.
Biography - Juanita Holloway-Walters
Juanita has forty five years experience as an Accountant. During her last twenty eight years she specialized in the start up phase and / or the recovery phase of businesses from two million in revenue per year, to fifteen million per year. Her sphere of successful influence ranges from accounting, to operations, to the backroom marketing effort. Streamlining and organizing out of control businesses is serious fun for her.
The art of raising a family while working was of supreme importance to her; and she chose a route of self-education coupled with some college. Her endeavors in self-education range from philosophy and history, to Christian studies outside of mainstream religious organizations. Much of her college dollar was spent on enhancing natural management skills and writing skills.
Although Juanita has lived in many regions of the country, she is settled near the Gulf coast in her home state of Texas.